Since 1984, I’ve been a “Military Transition Specialist” proudly serving Camp Pendleton since my relocation from the U.S. Foreign Service (Embassy duty overseas) to San Diego, California. My success rate remains very high & I have helped hundreds of Marines (of all ranks) throughout the years with a smooth career transition from the Marine Corps to corporate America…
Executive Resume dedicated to my late husband, MGySgt Noah C. Millsap whom I met during his overseas tours of duty at the U.S. Embassy in Colombo, Sri Lanka. MGySgt Millsap served honorably as the Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (NCOIC) of Marine Detachments at both Embassies & retired in Oceanside, CA after his final tour of duty at Camp Pendleton.
I was introduced to the resume business by doing “favors” for Marines within Noah’s battalion that were either retiring (or getting out of the Corps early). MGySgt Millsap was constantly bringing home scraps of paper asking me to PLEASE do a “quick typing job” to help one of his Marines with a resume. The “quickie typing jobs” soon turned into in-depth Strategy Sessions at our kitchen table w/their Service Records since it was more than these Marines not having a CLUE about resume writing – but rather, the inability to translate military terminology into civilian terms.
With my vast administrative & business background, I soon gained extensive experience:
- Working with all ranks & levels of military personnel to assist with their document transition to the private sector;
- Discussing their individual backgrounds & targeted goals (& dreams) for their new careers;
- Translating all the Military Terminology into Civilian terms;
- Preparing & finalizing top-notch resume packages (& online applications) for a various Federal, State, & Corporate Sector jobs.
My husband was always a giving person & the overall welfare of each member of his unit was his utmost concern. It wasn’t too long before Noah realized what a valuable service I was offering these young Marines & supported me 100% to grow the business. And as they say… the rest was history! MGySgt Noah C. Millsap lost his battle to cancer in 2009 but his memory (& mission) lives on as Executive Resume continues to serve USMC Marines with honor & pride…. Oorah!!!
Executive Resume‘s success rate remains very high & I have helped hundreds of Marines (of all ranks) throughout the years with a smooth career transition from the Marine Corps to corporate America…
Testimonials from Military Clientele
- Real talent. Dianne saved my future in the field of law enforcement. Truly heaven sent. Thanks Dianne!MGySgt. Bobby Lenard, San Diego, CA
- Responsive & dependable -- a hard to find trait at times in this business! Frank, honest & provides expert advice.Colonel Pete James (USMC) - Camp Pendleton (Oceanside--CA)
- I employed Dianne's service to translate my military service to civilian terms as a part of my transition from the military to the civilian sector. She expertly described my military experience in a resume that accurately portrays my skills and attributes. She invests deeply in her clients and genuinely cares about the continued success of her clients. I wholeheartedly recommend Dianne to anyone who is transitioning from military service to civilian employment.Company Commander - U.S. Army, Fort Bragg - North Carolina
- Very understanding, kind & knowledgeable. Able to make sense of my limited information & even made me sound interesting!Cpl. Glenn P. Wilson, Bedford - Texas
- I will never write my own resume again! I was referred to Dianne Millsap for her experience in military transition & military spouse resumes. Being a military spouse, it's extremely hard to make sense of a resume with so many moves & jobs behind me. Dianne was able to declutter my resume, bring it to an executive level, & also capture my career goals. She is extremely quick, professional, and keeps in constant communication throughout the process to ensure that nothing was missed. Thanks Dianne!Marketing Operations Analyst / ALLERGAN (Garden Grove-CA)
Marine Corps Ball at the AmEmbassy (Colombo Sri Lanka)
Embassy Marine Detachment welcoming
The Honorable Ambassador & Mrs. Donald Toussaint
MGySgt Noah C. Millsap greeting Mr. Newton Merricks
(Director, Foreign Buildings Operations – FBO)
Guests of Honor: U.S. Ambassador & Mrs. Toussaint